College basketball season is over on every level, so the off-season is officially underway. Let the Gannon basketball rumors fly! I haven't heard much of anything yet, but let's use this post and the comments section to keep each other in the loop on what's happening or rumored to be happening.
* GU Fanman said in the previous post that the Hammermill Center could receive a facelift prior to the 2014-15 season.
* We know the Knights will be losing seniors Oscar Mascias, T.J. Wilson, Tanner Furno, Alvin Tucker, Darrell Blanton, and Dmitry Martynenko. I haven't heard anything solid about any underclassmen leaving the program, and it looks like pretty much everyone on the roster attended the Hoops of Hope event at Rolling Ridge Elementary.
* Cleve Wright is still the Gannon women's coach. I'd be surprised if he'd leave with such a strong team returning, but I'd be even more surprised if at least one Division I school didn't press him for an interview. Did you know the Pitt women's job is open? Updated 4/12/13: Duquesne coach Suzie McConnell-Serio got the Pitt job today, so now the Dukes job is open.
* We'll keep an eye on the DI men's coaching openings to see if anyone familiar to the Gannon program gets a shot. I thought this might be the year IUP's Joe Lombardi returns to Division I after 7 years leading the Crimson Hawks.
* I scanned the PSAC member school websites, and there will be only two men's coaching changes this offseason. You already know that Edinboro assistant Pat Cleary is replacing the retiring Greg Walcavich. Shippensburg let go of Dave Springer, who compiled a 144-189 record over 12 seasons, including a 7-20 mark this past year. I bet before you read that last sentence you wouldn't have been able to name the Ship coach even if I had spotted you the "Dave."
If you hear of any Gannon hoops rumors, feel free to share them in the comments section or email me.