watch this clip of him earlier this year at Erie Community College (NY). I'm surprised it has only 200-something views. If I nailed a playoff game-winner like that, I'd have watched it 200 times a day all by myself. That clip is from the NJCAA national tournament in March, Emmitt beating the buzzer with that three to help eliminate Metropolitan CC-Penn Valley (Mo.), 84-81.
Here's more info on Emmitt:
* Gannon lists him as a 6-foot, 160-pound junior guard.
* Averaged 8.3 points, 2.8 assists, and 1.8 steals over 32 games as a sophomore for 27-5 ECC.
* Produced 88 assists vs. 53 turnovers, a respectable 1.7-to-1 ratio.
* Shot well from the free throw line (81%, 62-for-77) but only 33% from the field (76-for-231) and 31% on three-pointers (50-of-159).
* Holy cow! That means 69% of his field goal attempts were threes. Hopefully he'll stretch the defense as a Golden Knight.
* Standout games included season-high 19 points and 5 assists against Mid Michigan and 16 points with 7 assists in the NJCAA Region III tournament semis.
* Hit 4 three-pointers three times last season. Recorded 7 assists in a game twice.
* In three games vs. Mercyhurst-North East, he was a combined 3-of-16 from the field. Let's hope he has a better shooting chart against Mercyhurst-Not North East.
* This website says he was named region athlete of the week in December last year after scoring double figures in three straight games. But maybe more importantly, I learned there's a website called "Huge Sportz."
* Here's an ECC team photo. Every time I see "ERIE" in red letters on white, I think it's the Erie Wave.
* As a freshman at ECC, he averaged 6.7 ppg and ranked second on the team in three-pointers made (40 3FG in 28 games). A teammate of his was all-name team legend God's Gift Achiuwa, a 6-foot-8 forward now playing at St. John's in the Big East.
* With Emmitt on the club, ECC won consecutive NJCAA region championships.
* Was a major contributor to the Kats' post-season run this past season. Was named to the Region III all-tourney team last year after scoring 16 points
against Monroe Community College in the championship game.
* ECC placed 4th at the NJCAA championships in 2011 and 7th in 2012.
* We'll have to ask if he's a Lebron James fan; Emmitt is a native of Akron, OH.
* Played high school ball at Akron Garfield, where he was named all-city twice. Earned second team honors as a senior and honorable mention as a junior.
* Not only was a letterwinner for 3 years, he was a varsity captain for 3 seasons.
* He won't like this article from SportsInk.com. It recaps Garfield's stunning loss to 4-17 Cuyahoga Falls. Emmitt tallied 17 points in the loss.
* Scored 20 points in this Garfield OT victory at Alliance.
* I wish I could share with you some of his high school stats, but I couldn't find any. Well, any that were accurate. This web page has some numbers, but I'd give them an incomplete grade if I was a teacher.
* Speaking of school, Emmitt excelled in the classroom: was a member of the honor roll and merit roll, earned a spot in the school's 3.0 GPA Club every year, and was named Career Education Student of the Year. Received the US Army National Scholar-Athlete, the West Point Leadership and the Robert Hughey awards. (Editor's Note: If you know who Robert Hughey is, please let me know. I'm guessing it's not this guy. Thanks.)
* This video includes some Garfield highlights plus an interview with Emmitt.
* Here's a photo of Emmitt shooting a jumper and here's one of him fighting for a rebound at Garfield.