Sunday, December 13, 2009

A picture's worth a thousand words


If that's true, I just posted a 1,000-word blog entry. Actually, I just figured out how to post photos on this site. (It took me almost a full year. Please don't tell anyone that I work for an IT magazine.)

Former Gannon Knight editor Marjorie (Radella) Metts e-mailed me a while ago a slew of photos and other clippings from the 1989-90 season. The photo at right is the first of several we'll present during this 20th anniversary of that Elite Eight Gannon team. Major kudos to Marjorie for the info.

In case you can't read the caption, the photo includes (from left to right) Mike Snyder, Dave Callahan, Chris Hollan, Sly Simpkins and the late Bob Dukiet. Notice the one pant leg pulled up on Duke's sweats. Classic!

The shorts the players are wearing show more leg than I've seen since the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. Back in 1989, Aaron Garrity was just a schoolkid and Gannon fan, and he told me he cherished the team poster featuring the practice unis seen in the photo. My only issue was that he described our shorts as "Daisy Dukes."

No comments:

Post a Comment