Sunday, October 18, 2009

Great. Expectations.

I have a tradition this time of year where I scan the Gannon schedule and take a wild guess at their win/loss record for the upcoming season. I feel like I'm in a similar blind spot as two years ago. Who are these guys? I can't say with any certainty if the Knights will be closer to .500 or closer to hosting the regionals.

But I do know for sure that after a 30-4 season, Gannon fans have great expectations for their team -- even if they've never seen 70% of the Knights' 10-man rotation. Last year's 30-win season (after a 26-win campaign the year before) has created expectations that anything short of hosting regionals is a downer.

I'm guessing (wildly) that the Knights will finish the regular season 19-8, losing games to Kutztown, Edinboro, and Mercyhurst. Hearing that, you're probably a little bummed, right? But that's just a first-round playoff W from a 20-win campaign, the mark of a very successful year ... for most programs. John Reilly put Gannon basketball back on the map with back-to-back incredible seasons. Now Knight fans are expecting three in a row.

What do you think will be Gannon's win/loss record this year? Please post your comments/predictions below. At the end of the season whoever's closest will receive tickets for two to the Penn State-Greater Allegheny game of your choice.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i am SOOOO winning these tickets!! :)

    Regular Season: 21-6 (losses to NKU, Kutztown, IUPx2, @ Cal, @ Mercyhurst)

    I have faith in his recruits... I think..?! haha

    ReplyDelete