You can go to that PSAC site to keep up on the new names, or you can just stay tuned to Gannon Hoops for all the information you'd want to know (and more) on Knight recruits. Details on Bouldes are below. I'll track down some data on Sanders soon enough.
- The Detroit News confirms Bouldes going to Gannon: "Romulus point guard Filmore Bouldes signed with Gannon University in Erie, Pa. Bouldes averaged nine points and six assists, and helped Romulus reach the Class A semifinals. Gannon reached the elite eight this past season in the Division II tournament."
- The Michigan High School Basketball Databank wrote, "Filmore Bouldes, a 5-7 gym rat, is going to Gannon." You gotta love it when your team signs a kid who's known as a "gym rat."
- A Michigan preps website says Bouldes was also recruited by Penn State.
- He received little playing time as a junior due to an outstanding senior class at Romulus.
- Prior to the 2008-09 season, Next Generation Sports rated Bouldes the #18 point guard in state of Michigan.
- As a senior, he started at the point and led his team to a 21-6 mark, losing in state semis. Bouldes had 12 points, 8 assists, and 1 TO in front of 11,000+ at Michgan State's Breslin Center in the loss to the Detroit Pershing Doughboys. (Second greatest nickname ever -- besides "Grape Pickers.")
- Prior to a playoff game, someone wrote, "The Eagles will need a great game from guard Filmore Bouldes. He has a great ability to shoot from beyond the perimeter, and Romulus as a whole likes to jack up 3-pointers."
- After the regional regional finals vs. the Lincoln Railsplitters (another gorgeous nickname), it was written: "After draining all three 3-pointers he attempted in the first half, senior guard Filmore Bouldes made tough shot after tough shot in the lane during the second half to finish with a game-high 30 points."
- He was named to the honorable mention list of the Detroit News all-Metro team.
- A speedster, he was a state qualifier in the 400-meter dash.
- Here's a link to a photo of Bouldes along with an article titled "Romulus Does Defense Better." www.detnews.com/article/20090325/SPORTS05/903250397
- This next link might be going over the top, even Knight nuts like us. It's Bouldes' MySpace page. Caution: seeing what goes on between the ears of today's 18-year-olds could freak you out. The page starts out, "What up my government name is Filmore Bouldes! but most ppl call me Mook...the number one thing that i love to do is play basketball! i love jesus christ who is my lord and saviour!" www.myspace.com/leaguebound
So, Gannon signed a speedy, hot-shooting Christian gym rat whose defense makes headlines. Sounds like a perfect fit!